Menstrual Monday Recipe Index
I'm Popeye the Sailor Woman
gulping spinach the week before
trading roses are red
and PMS blue
and calcium (times two)
~ from "Spinach Bouquet"
The Five Menstrual Monday Food Groups include “green stuff, red stuff, chocolate, poppy seed & egg.”
Your Menstrual Monday Menu
~ Have guests bring a dish from one of the five Menstrual Monday Food Groups. See recipe index below.
~ Create an “everything but the chocolate” salad, and ask guests to bring the chocolate.
~ Ask guests to bring an item to donate to a local food pantry (from the Five Menstrual Monday Food Groups)
Pressed for time? A deli will probably have everything you need!
1. Popeye the Sailor Woman Suggests...Green Stuff
2. Aunt Ruby Suggests...Red Stuff
3. The Duchess of Chocolate Suggests...Her Favorite, Of Course
4. Shirlotta Poppy Suggests...Poppy Seed
5. Ms. P'eggy Humpty-Dumpty Suggests...Eggs
6. Emily Dickinson Suggests...The Mother of All Fruitcakes
You can always substitute candy sprinkles for poppy seed. Check out these Egg Sacs from the original Menstrual Monday Starter Kit, below right. Candy sprinkles in a little bag to wear around your neck.
You Sing Happy Birthday, Don't You?
Let the silliness ensue! Before sitting down to your Menstrual Monday Meal, try chanting: “Green stuff, red stuff, chocolate, poppy seed, egg.” Join hands in a circle!
Five times ought to do it.